There’s nothing like saving money to improve your mood. At Virginia Vacation Rentals (www.VAvacationrentals.com), we make it a “win-win” for Renters & Homeowners through our “Book Direct Platform.”
“The large corporate sites double dip on both renters and homeowners,” said Bunnie Riedel, President of Virginia Vacation Rentals. “First, they charge renters as much as 10% to 15% for just using their site. Then, they charge homeowners a fee for each and every rental. That’s something we don’t do. We just make it possible for renters to find homeowners and homeowners to accommodate renters, without any strings attached.”
Started as an alternative to the big vacation rental listing sites, Virginia Vacation Rentals (www.VAvacationrentals.com) is purely an advertising platform whose functionality and search capabilities go head-to-head with the large international sites.
“It was our intention to do a roll-back, if you will, to what vacation rental homeowners and renters had known for years. Ours is a marketing site; a transparent listing site, plain and simple,” said Riedel. “By doing this, we save renters and homeowners hundreds of dollars per transaction and everybody walks away happy.”
Some of the features of Virginia Vacation Rentals (www.VAvacationrentals.com) include:
- No “Service Fees.” These commissions can run upward of 10% to 15% of the rent amount just for the privilege of using online booking.
- Direct communication with the vacation rental homeowner via phone or email. This reassures renters in knowing who they are renting from.
- “Easy Search” that won’t show renters houses tens, and sometimes hundreds of miles, away from their chosen destination. A common practice of the “Big Guy” listing sites.
- The vacation rental homeowner’s “local knowledge” of things to do and places to see (or eat!)
- Personalized service that is “on-the-ground” either by the homeowners themselves or their property managers.
- Direct contact information with vacation rental homeowners/property managers should any problems arise.
- Clear and easy cancellation policies should the unforeseen occur.
- The opportunity to buy Trip Insurance from “Travel Guard” a trusted name in the industry.
- Direct service from actual homeowners/property managers and not “call centers” a half world away.
- No “Service Fee.” These commissions can be 10% to 15% on rental income. There’s just one flat yearly advertising fee of $99 after a Free Trial Period.
- Direct communication with the renter via phone or email so homeowners can know who is renting their vacation rental home.
- A dedicated listing url that won’t show other available houses on the page they paid for.
- The ability to create a personalized vacation experience for the renter and be the host that they desire to be.
- Direct contact information with vacation renters during the stay should the unforeseen occur (such as the recent hurricane evacuation orders).
- The ability for homeowners and property managers to provide renters direct service rather than have to wait for approval from “call centers” a half world away.
“Our approach is to keep it personal,” said Riedel. “The vacation home rental business is a ‘people’ business. It’s most often one-on-one and relationships that get built along the way between the renter and the homeowner. Our goal is to facilitate that relationship building so that everyone has the best experience possible. You just can’t do that through gigantic call centers and faceless multi-national corporations.”
For more information go to Virginia Vacation Rentals (www.VAvacationrentals.com) or contact Bunnie Riedel at bunnie@VAvacationrentals.com and “Say Buh-Bye to the Big Guys!”